The Dun Laoghaire Youth Laser training program will be run as a collaboration between RSGYC and NYC and once again we are fortunate to have two excellent local coaches head up the program: Conor O’Beirne will be running the 4.7’s and we have Nicole Hemeryck on the Radials.
We intend grouping sailors to maintain a coach-to-sailor ratio of around six and expect to have two to three 4.7 groups and one group of radials. A group of up to 20 sailors will allow for “big fleet” coaching and also bring a social aspect to the program.
|September Sunday Coaching||15 September
|October Sunday Coaching||19 October
|Mid-term Clinic||29 October
|November Sunday Coaching||3 November
The program is designed for sailors who, at minimum, have competed in regional events (in any boat) and intend to participate in the regional laser circuit in 2020. Sailors who are graduating from Optimist or Topper where they competed in regional and national events will quickly adjust to the 4.7 and are welcome to join the coaching program. The overall goal is to prepare the sailors for the Laser “trials” event in Easter 2020 and for the Laser Radial Europeans to be held in Ballyholme in July 2020.
The program will be managed by our coaches and they will be the first point of contact. The overall philosophy of the group is that it is sailor driven and not parent driven.
09.30 Sailors rigged and ready for briefing
13:30 Lunch and Debrief
- Earlier timing facilitates sailors who wish to also participate in the Frostbite series with a first gun at 14:00.
- The program is open to all full and country members of either RIYC, RSGYC or NYC with boat parking paid.
- All sailors are to launch from their home clubs and not from the RSGYC where there is currently very limited deck space.
Click here to sign up online.
Further details are available by contacting:
- RSGYC Parent: Robbie Walker – email@example.com
- NYC Parent: Clodagh Nolan – firstname.lastname@example.org
- 4.7 Coach: Conor O’Beirne – email@example.com
- Radial Coach: Nicole Hemeryck – firstname.lastname@example.org