Please enter your sailor(s) details below.
A full list of our Juniors Sailing Pathway is also attached for further information on the courses we provide. Should you have any queries before booking, then please contact the Sailing Office at 01 280 1811 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll guide you through which course is best suited to your level.
Junior Summer Course Dates & Rates
|Course||Dates||Duration||Member Price||Guest Price|
|Course A||Tuesday 4th June – Friday 14th||9 Days||€345||€450|
|Course B||Monday 17th June – Friday 28th||10 Days||€385||€499|
|Course C 'Fun Week'||Monday July 1st- Friday July 5th||5 Days||€195||€249|
|Course D||Monday 15th July – Friday 26th||10 Days||€385||€499|
|Course E||Monday 29th July – Friday 9th August||9 Days||€345||€450|
|Course F||Monday 12th Aug- 23rd Aug||10 Days||€385||€499|
Please Note: An Irish Sailing (IS) Membership Fee of €16 is compulsory for all trainees. This amount is included in the cadet membership fee. If the sailor is not a cadet member this fee will be added to the cost of the course.
All sailors must have their own boats or a crew place with another sailor on their boat.
A limited number of charter boats are available. For details on the Charter boats and to reserve one please click here.
Membership is required for booking more than one course. To apply for Membership, please click here.
RSGYC Junior Summer Courses Terms and Conditions
Applications for Junior Summer Courses are taken on a first come first served basis. Once a course has been filled there will be no places made available unless there is a cancellation. If you cannot obtain a place on your course of choice please contact the sailing office to be added to the wait list. An application is not complete until all fields have been completed and payment received.
- A completed application does not guarantee a place on a course.
- Please check your inbox for an automated confirmation email to ensure your application has been submitted successfully.
- It is not permissible to do portions of courses and no credit can be issued for missed days.
- When on the forecourt, all dinghies must display a current parking permit which can be collected once the boat is brought on to the Forecourt prior to the course start date. A permit can be obtained by completing the Summer Dinghy Parking application found here
- Please note that all boats must have a valid parking permit and will not be permitted on the Forecourt or any course without this permit.
- All boats and gear are stored at the owner’s risk and the Club accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage.
- Road trailers will not be permitted on the forecourt during the summer parking period. They must be removed immediately after delivery of boat or they will be removed from the Club at the owner’s risk and expense.
- All launching trolleys must be clearly marked, along with every piece of equipment and sails.
Royal St. George Yacht Club Junior Code of Conduct
To be agreed by Parent and Child where the parent agrees on the child’s behalf and agrees to inform the child of the code
I am a junior sailor (or parent agreeing on behalf of my child) participating on a Royal St. George Yacht Club course and understand that while taking part on the courses and any events at the club, I will:
- – Show respect to fellow sailors, instructors, Club staff and those helping to run regattas, events and courses.
- – Obey all instructors’ directions, event rules on and off the water and Club rules.
- – Attend each day on time and participate fully on the course.
- – Dress appropriately: i.e. wetsuits, booties and buoyancy aid.
I will never:
- – Steal, use or remove any gear that does not belong to me.
- – Break laws relating to alcohol, non-prescribed drugs, and tobacco.
- – Cheat, bully or spread rumors.
As a Sailor I am entitled to:
- – Participate on an equal basis.
- – Be treated with dignity.
- – Be happy, have fun and enjoy the course both on the water and ashore.
I understand that if it is found that any junior has not adhered to the above guidelines the following actions may be pursued:
- – Suspension from the course.
- – Suspension from the Club.
My/Our boat is insured
– I/We hold adequate insurance against third party liability for a minimum of €1,300,000 for any one accident or series of accidents arising from any one occurrence for the period it is parked/moored/stored on the Club’s property.
– I/We acknowledge and agree that my/our boat will be parked/moored/stored absolutely at my/our own risk, and I/We hereby indemnify the Royal St. George Yacht Club, its trustees, officers, staff and members against any loss or damage, accident, claim, injury or mishap arising from the use of Club Moorings, Storage Space, Crane, Pontoons or Members’ facilities which shall be at my/our own personal risk.
– I/We confirm the boat detailed is my/our property and accept that while availing of Club facilities I/we shall be responsible for the management and control of the vessel and the conduct of its crew.
– I/We confirm we have read, understand and accept the terms and conditions attaching to this application.