The RSGYC is continiously monitoring the evolving Irish Sailing Guidelines and updates.
Under current restrictions (L5) there are no formal training activites permitted at the RSGYC. Individual sailors are permitted to launch/ recover from the slipway once they are able to do so within the Irish Sailing Guidelines. See Irish Sailing’s Covid- 19 section of their website here:
- Club equipment and vessels are not available for member use under L5 restrictions
- Club members should use their access card to gain access, in order to comply with contact tracing requirements
- Hand sanitiser units are available on all entrances to the Club and premises along with at the slipway
- Sailors should arrive to the RSGYC ready to go to sea
- Showers are not open
Junior Summer Course Covid- 19 Operating Procedures
- All Sailors must check-in each day with their instructor prior to entering in order to facilitate contact tracing.
- The sailors shall remain with their allocated group (‘Pod’) for the period of the session.
Briefings for Courses and Clinics
- Briefings will take place on the platform outside with the Instructor while maintaining the mandatory 2m social distancing in their own zone. If a long debriefing or briefing is needed a zoom call will be set up.
- The virtual sailing website Virtual Racing may be used for teaching purposes.
Launching and Returning to Base
- Sailors attending the clinics will launch their own boats and the SI will stack the trollies.
- All other non-clinic sailors will launch and stack their own trollies safely.
- Returning to the club will be on a phased basis and managed by the SI while maintaining the 2m social distancing.
Food and water
- Every sailor must bring their own water bottles filled and carry their own water bottles at all times both on and off the water. There is a water station at the Club as required.
- Snack bags must be only carried by individual sailors and not given to instructors.
Communication with Parents
- Communication will be maintained with Parents via Email/WhatsApp Groups.
- If parents have any questions for instructors about their sailor’s progress or have any concerns this should be coordinated through SI by email
- If the forecast is not suitable for sailing the parents will be contacted and asked not to drop down their sailors on that day.
Use of Club Facilities
- There will be no access to club changing rooms for any sailors.
- Toilets are available
- The instructor office will be for the sole use of the SI only.
- No equipment is to be shared between sailors.
- It is the responsibility of each sailor to ensure their equipment is in working order.
- Anyone hiring a club boat will retain that boat for the duration of the course and collect/ check out the boat prior to Day 1.
- If the forecast is not suitable for sailing or shorebased activites the parents will be contacted and asked not to drop down their sailors on that day.
Everyone must hand sanitize regularly and particular in the following circumstances:
- When you arrive at the club
- After coughing or sneezing
- Before and after eating
- Before and after being on public transport.
- If your hands are dirty
- After toilet use.
- Ensuring sailors and Instructors maintain 2-metre (2m) separation while sailing, on the platform.
- Members must have travelled to the club with members of the same household or alone.
- If travelling by public transport they should ensure they use their hand sanitizer prior to entry to the club.
- If people cough / sneeze do so into sleeve or elbow, always cover up, dispose of tissues in a safe manner i.e. a suitable bin on site.
- Key Control Measures – Symptoms Please do not attend the Club if you have any of the following symptoms – fever (temperature), cough, shortness of breath, breathing difficulties.
- Disposable face masks should be disposed of safely in a bin at the end of the session and not thrown on the ground.
- Cloth facial coverings should be placed in a plastic bag and washed in a hot wash prior to reuse.
Suspected COVID-19 Cases
- Instructors and SI will monitor sailors at all times for symptoms of Covid-19.
- If there is a suspected or/and case of COVID-19 confirmed among the sailors or Instructional Staff, all training will cease immediately and the relevant authorities will be notified.
- Sailors should not attend a course if they are not feeling well or have any of the Covid- 19 Symptoms.
- When signing up your sailor the completion/ agreement to the Covid- 19 Declaration is required
On the water safety
- If safety assistance is required for a sailor, prior to assistance by the instructor sailors should have their mask/face covering on
- After the assistance the instructor and the sailor should hand sanitize.
- Management of an unpredicted gust – All sailors should sail into the pond and wait till the SI calls them ashore.