Have you ever wondered what it’s like to go sailing in Dublin Bay? Think about healthy outdoor exercise, which can at times be exhilarating and also very relaxing. Add the attractions of a friendly buzz around the Apres-Sail BBQ ashore. It’s the perfect antidote to a busy week at the office. With our uSail adult training programme, we tailor our courses to aspiring sailors with different levels of experience from complete beginners to experienced sailors. Training is on our Club 1720 Sports boats. These boats are safe and fun to sail which make them ideal boats to learn on. There is plenty of room for 4-5 sailors and a coach. The boats are stable and fast, so you can be guaranteed an enjoyable, exciting and safe time learning to sail. Positions are rotated so you get to know all jobs on the boat and our coaches will be sure to make the training relevant to your level of ability as to make the most of your time on the water.
At the end of the course, we expect you to be competent enough to crew on a keelboat. You will be added to a private “uSail Alumni” Whatsapp group where we message you regularly about spaces to crew on members boats.
uSail – Adult Sailing Course “Let’s get you on the water!”
Why not experience sailing at the Royal St George?
We have put together a number of programmes to introduce you to sailing and to the club.
- uSail Start Sailing (€395)
- uSail Improvers Sailing (€395)
- uSail Open Sail Sessions (€70)
- uSail Powerboat Course (€325)
(COURSE PRICES INCLUDE €20 REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT FOR ACCESS CARD)
1. uSail Start Sailing
- No experience necessary. uSail training courses are for adults of all ages
- Courses will be run throughout the season enabling you to feel the ‘buzz’ of both sailing and the club itself
- Each course will be short, intensive and sociable
- The uSail Start Sailing course consists of four or five training sessions over 2-3 weeks
- Evening courses consist of 5 sessions and are held on week-nights after work (Tuesdays & Thursdays 5.30/6.00 – 9.00pm)
- Weekend courses consist of 4 longer sessions on Saturday and/or Sunday mornings (9.30 – 1.30pm)
- On completing your course, we introduce you to members who are keen to share their love of sailing.
- The RSGYC is an Irish Sailing approved Training Centre
- Quality instruction & tuition, with individual feedback
- An instructor and up to four uSailors per boat.
- Most training is on 1720 keelboats (which don’t capsize).
- Also available are J80s, Squibs, Cruisers, and Power-boats
- Cost includes apres-sailing meal/bbq after each session
2024 schedule of courses and booking links will be published in January, with courses commencing in May.
2. uSail Improvers Course
- The next step in your new sailing career!
- This course is for people who have completed the uSail start sailing course or who have previous experience at beginner level.
- Training takes place on our 1720 keelboats
- Focus the skills learned in start sailing by practicing manoeuvers such as : picking up a mooring, coming alongside a pontoon and recovering a man overboard.
- Gain confidence in your sailing ability and develop skills necessary to successfully helm and crew a boat.
3. uSail Racing
- Take your sailing to the next level
- Racing will take place on the club’s modern J80 or 1720 keelboats
- For those who have already completed the uSail Start Sailing course
- Experience the excitement and thrills of *Dublin Bay Sailing Club races
- Take part in four DBSC races: Thursday series, or Saturday series
* Dublin Bay Sailing Club Series Racing
This series includes all boats in Dun Laoghaire and can have over 100 boats competing at times!
4. uSail Open Sailing Sessions
- Open sailing sessions with an instructor onboard a Club 1720, designed to keep people sailing after uSail courses have finished.
- Whether you just want to go for a spin in the bay or maybe practice a maneuver is up to you, the crew decides, just tell the instructor!
- Who’s it for? Anyone and everyone, whether you’re a graduate of a Start Sailing of Improver course, haven’t been sailing in a while or maybe you want to bring a family member / friend to give them a taste of sailing, all are welcome.
- Places are on a first come first served basis so don’t hesitate to book your place.
5. uSail Powerboat Course
- An Irish Sailing training course provides the ideal way to get afloat for the first time, or to build on skills you already have. All courses are run to a prescribed syllabus used all over Ireland and will be led by a trained and qualified Irish Sailing Instructor. Each course is carefully designed to provide you with all of the skills and confidence you need to get you out on the water and to get the most out of your boating.
We have a great Corporate package available for larger groups. Please enquire with Karin in the Sailing Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
For further details follow the links:
Join our Facebook page and check out what else is going on in the club!
For More Info just email Karin Ryan at email@example.com Or call 01-280 1811
We will be delighted to assist you with the start of your Lifetime of Sailing Adventure.