uSail – Adult Sailing Course
“Let’s get you on the water!”
It’s right for You!
Have you ever wondered what it’s like to go sailing in Dublin Bay? Think about healthy outdoor exercise, which can at times be exhilarating and also very relaxing. Add the attractions of a friendly buzz around the apres-sail bbq ashore. It’s the perfect antidote to a busy week at the office. With our uSail adult training programme, we tailor our courses to aspiring sailors with different levels of experience from complete beginners to experienced sailors. Training is on our Club 1720 Sports boats. These boats are safe and fun to sail which make them ideal boats to learn on. There is plenty of room for 4-5 sailors and a coach. The boats are stable and fast, so you can be guaranteed an enjoyable, exciting and safe time learning to sail. Positions are rotated so you get to know all jobs on the boat and our coaches will be sure to make the training relevant to your level of ability as to make the most of your time on the water.
At the end of the course, we expect you to be competent enough to crew on a keelboat. You will be added to a private “Usail Alumni” Whatsapp group where we message you weekly about spaces to crew on members boats.
Why not experience sailing at the Royal St George?
We have put together a number of programmes to introduce you to sailing and to the club.
- uSail Start Sailing
- uSail Racing
- uSail Try Sailing
1. uSail Start Sailing
- No experience necessary. uSail training courses are for adults of all ages
- Courses will be run throughout the season enabling you to feel the ‘buzz’ of both sailing and the club itself
- Each course will be short, intensive and sociable
- This course consists of five training sessions over 2-3 weeks
- Sessions are usually held on week-nights after work (Tuesdays, Thursdays 6 – 9 pm)
- We introduce you to members who are keen to share their love of sailing.
- The RStGYC is an Irish Sailing approved Training Centre
- Quality instruction & tuition, with individual feedback
- An instructor and up to four uSailors per boat.
- Most training is on 1720 keelboats (which don’t capsize).
- Also available are Squibs, Cruisers, and Power-boats
- Cost includes apres-sailing meal/bbq after each session
2. uSail Racing
- Take your sailing to the next level
- For those who have already completed the uSail Start Sailing course
- Experience the excitement and thrills of Dublin Bay Sailing Club races
- Take part in four DBSC races: Thursday series, or Saturday series
2.1 Dublin Bay Sailing Club Series Racing
This series includes all boats in Dun Laoghaire and can have over 100 boats competing at times! Book yourself in for a month of this DBSC Summer Series racing. There’s dates for Thursday evenings or Saturday Lunchtime races.
2.2 Dun Laoghaire Club Regattas
Every second year all the Yacht Clubs in Dun Laoghaire run their own Regatta and invite all the other clubs to join them. This involves a day of racing out on the water with a BBQ, Music and some great socializing late into the night once you’re on shore. This year we are going to compete in all 4 of them! You can give one a go or book in for all 4 at a discounted rate.
Still not sure?
3. uSail Try Sailing for an afternoon
- Check it out before you commit to a uSail Start Sailing course
- A single session for total novices lasting 2 to 3 hours
- Enjoy a real hands-on sailing experience on a club yacht
- You’ll be in safe hands with one of our talented skippers
- When: most Saturdays & Sundays during the season
We have a great Corporate package available for larger groups. Please enquire with Bonita in the Sailing Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
For further details follow the links:
Are you an instructor or skipper with a love for the sport of sailing? Maybe you haven’t sailed in a while or just moved back to Ireland from abroad?! Well, we’d love to hear from you and get you back on the water!!!
Check out the course dates and drop Bonita an email in the office email@example.com
- You only have to commit to one course at a time (that’s 5 sessions max)
- It’s paid
- You get a BBQ afterwards
- It’s a great way to network
- It’s a great way to get back into the Irish sailing scene
- So much banter!!!
- Absolutely none!!!
Join our Facebook page and check out what else is going on in the club!
For More Info just email Bonita at firstname.lastname@example.org Or call 01-280 1811
We will be delighted to assist you with the start of your Lifetime of Sailing Adventure.