Our Bridge Club resumes on Monday 25th September 2017.
We continue throughout the season on Mondays – except when Monday is a Bank Holiday and Bridge is played on Tuesdays (highlighted in the list below).
At least once in each term, we try to arrange a supper beforehand when playing on Tuesdays.
Bridge commences at 7.30
Players are welcome to bring guests but we do not have a “Hostess” system in operation, so players you must organise your own Partners.
Dates for your diary from September 2017 to May 2018:
(Monday nights, except where stated otherwise)
- September 25th
- October 2nd, 9th, 16th, 23rd and Tuesday 31st (Supper/Bridge)
- November 6th, 13th, 20th and 27th
- December 4th, 11th and 18th (Christmas Party)
- January 8th, 15th, 22nd and 29th
- February 5th, 12th, 19th and 26th
- March 5th, 12th, Tuesday 20th (Supper/Bridge) and 26th
- April 9th, 16th, 23rd and 30th
- May Tuesday 8th, 14th, 21st and 28th (End of Season Party)
Every year, the Bridge players from the Royal St George Yacht Club, the Royal Irish Yacht Club and the National Yacht Club play a Team Competition known as “The GIN Trophy”. The NYC are the present holders of the trophy, but we will field our best players to try to return the cup to our trophy cabinet. In 2018 the Royal St George Yacht Club will be the venue. Only Members of the Clubs who play regularly are eligible for selection for the Teams (24 players from each Club). The date for this event will be announced in the Spring of 2018, when the date is arranged with the Tournament Director.