UCD Sailing Club has finished third overall at the Student Yachting World Cup in France.
The Student Yachting World Cup (SYWoC) is an event organised every year in France by students for students.
UCD returned for the fourth time in a row and as previous winners from 2012.
Created in 1979 under the name of Course de l’Europe, the cup was just meant for participants from Western Europe. But, as time went by, more and more Eastern European countries joined the cup. That’s why the Course de l’Europe changed its name to become the SYWoC.
1. Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne, SUI, 27.0 points
2. University of Southampton, ENG, 30.0
3. University College Dublin, IRL, 45.0
4. University of Cambridge, ENG, 59.0
5. Dalhousie University, CAN, 73.0
6. Kobe University, JPN, 89
7. University of Strathclyde, SCO, 91.0
8. University of Oxford , ENG, 107.0
9. BI Norwegian Business School, NOR ,109.0
10. Ecole Polytechnique, FRA, 135.0
Article courtesy of afloat.ie