SB20 Class Dinner:
The class dinner will be held on Saturday the 6th April 2019.
The venue will be the Royal Irish Yacht Club and there will be prizes to award and an update for you on the Class news.
It is a great occasion to get reacquainted with fellow crew members and make plans for the season ahead.
Please book directly with the catering office at email@example.com or by phone at 01-2809452 ext 1
Meet in the bar from 19.00 hrs on-wards.
Dinner commence at 20.00 hrs
SPRING WARMER – HYC
The sailing season commences on the 6th April with the Spring Warmer in Howth
It will be held on the following weekends 6th, 13th & 27th April.
19th – 22nd April is Easter weekend.
EAST COAST CHAMPIONSHIPS – HYC
Our first regional event of 2019 will be our East Coast Championships and it will be on the 4th – 5th May. As you will recall HYC are fantastic at running terrific racing for the class and we look forward to returning to the ‘north side’. I am delighted to confirm that Richard Kissane will be our Race Officer for the event.
NEWS & GOSSIP
Nationals Trophy Found:
A magnificent trophy was purchased and presented to the class by the NYC in 2007
It subsequently went missing in action until now.
I am delighted to confirm that it has been found and will be on display at the Class dinner.
It is a very valuable trophy and we are delighted to have it back.
It will be presented to the winners of the National Championships 2019, whoever that may be.
Change of Ownership:
There has been some movement in the class over the winter months.
– Charlotte O’Kelly has acquired Kenneth Rumball (et al)’s boat (Sneaky B) and will be sailing from the National Yacht Club.
– Donie Hegarthy & Eoin Leahy have acquired Roger Bannon’s boat (Artful Dodger) and will be sailing from Lough Ree YC
– Rumor has it, Mary O’Loughlin & Johnnie Grey (Grey Matter) will make a return to racing this year.
– Diana Kissane beat the transfer window and signed a new contract (for an undisclosed sum) to drive for John Malone (Provident CRM) for the season and will sail under the burgee of Lough Ree YC.
– Ben Adair will be sailing, part-time from Lough Ree YC. Allegedly the interview process continues for the vacant position at the bow.
– Michael O’Connor has take a breather from sailing this season (not just to give the rest of us a chance) but as his tub ‘SINBIN’ emigrated to Portugal. We will be watching SINBINs results carefully, to see if the new owners can emulate the success of Michael & his crew. No chance.
DBSC Class Captain
Your new class captain for the 2019 season in Dublin Bay Sailing Club is Pat O’Brien.
Pat hails from the RStGYC and sails ‘Sunday Brunch’ along with his partner in crime Dave Dwyer. There are a few changes to the format in Dublin Bay and Pat will enlighten you in due course.
Colin Galavan President SB20 Ireland