Sailing season is here, the Forecourt is now welcoming back boats and sailors and here are the updated procedures for ‘Phase 3’.
- Access to the Forecourt for Sailing is solely via the pedestrian entrance.
- All sailors are required to use their membership card to access the club – this provides the Club with a digital record of all users in case of any need to contact trace.
- Tail-gating or accessing the club without a membership card is strictly prohibited and we ask for members support in this regard.
- Please contact us should you wish to sail and require a card for access.
- Changing room areas will be open on race evenings/ days. Please try to limit your time in the changing rooms if you must use them. We recommend that sailors come down to sail dressed to go to sea if reasonably possible to as to limit Changing Room use.
- Shower Facilities remain closed and access is not permitted.
Please access the club via the pedestrian gate using your membership card as above. Remember to ensure that adequate circulation space is available for all sailors on the forecourt and to avoid potential crowding at launch and or recovery.
The Launch service to the West Bight will run daily from 0930 – 1930 on the half hour. If you require a later launch, please contact the boathouse in advance on 086 734 5413 to book. The launch will carry a maximum of three non- same household persons at any one time. We are following Irish Sailing Guidelines and adhering to the ‘Pod’ system. Sailors from one regular crew are considered a Pod. If your Pod wishes to take the launch together this is permitted once social distancing can be adhered to from the Launch Driver.
Boathouse Operating Hours
The Boathouse will be open from 0900 – 2030 daily. If the weather is bad or there is no activity on the deck, it may close earlier. If you have queries, please call 01 280 1811 #7 or 086 734 5413 to double check.
Forecourt Dinghy Parking & Dry Sailing– Due to unprecedented demand, the dinghy park is now full and no additional boats can be accepted onto the deck. Any boats that are unidentifiable or unpaid, will be removed offsite. To avoid disappointment, please do not arrive down with your boat if you do not have an email confirmation of a parking space. If you wish to request a place, please contact the Sailing Office and you will be added to the wait list.
Crane Operation and bookings
The cranes are available for boat lifts with pre- booking by contacting the Boathouse. At this time of the season the crane is very busy, please schedule as soon as possible to get your required slots.
No vehicles are permitted access to the Forecourt. When collecting a dinghy or dropping one off, please walk the it up to your car or down the ramp after reqesting access from the Boatman on duty. If you are towing a keelboat, the Boatman on duty will take it from/ to outside the gate using the Froklift. Please request the opening of the gate from the Boatman on duty to drop off your boat and remove your car immediately if the forklift is not available to take the boat onto the deck.
The wheelbarrows are stored beside the Boathouse by the steps to the balcony and can be used to bring all your gear down onto the Forecourt from your vehicle.
Please remember to adhere to social distancing requirements and keep 2m away from your fellow sailors while on the Forecourt and on the slipway. Once on the deck strict social distancing is to be observed, hand hygiene etc. no water hoses in use, changing rooms, toilets or club facilities for this phase.